WELCOME TO WESTERN STATES LOWLINE ASSOCIATION ——————————————————————————–
KOOTENAI CLASSIC JACKPOT YOUTH SHOW
All Breed Youth Show
Saturday June 27, 2015
Kootenai County Fairgrounds, Coeur d’Alene, ID
Download the Entry Form
Download the Sponsorship Form
• Jackpot classes for prospect steers & prospect heifers, Lowline Influence class too!
• Showmanship classes
• Fitting & showing clinic
• BBQ lunch
• Belt buckles for Grand Champions PLUS prize money
• Over $2000 in prize money throughout the divisions
• Free t-shirts for participants
10th ANNUAL NW LOWLINE CLASSIC SHOW
Come to one of the highest pay, lowest cost shows in the country. Free bedding, all under one roof, relaxed atmosphere, good people AND great cattle. Winners of the NW Classic are the early favorites at Denver!
This year the show will be on Sunday September 13, 2015 with Fullblood, Moderater and Junior Showmanship classes.
Youth can also show in the Spokane Interstate Fair’s Youth Show on Friday September 11, 2015.
See more info here
This year we have added an exciting new event!
THE FIRST EVER POWER BULL CHALLENGE & HEIFER FUTURITY
Saturday September 12, 2015
Power Bull Challenge
This is a high “steaks”, put up or shut up, winner-take-all Power Bull Challenge
• $500 entry fee (one breeder can enter 2 bulls on one entry fee)
• $2500 guaranteed payout
• 90% total payout of all entries fees
• For bulls ages 12 mos. to 2 years of age by Sept 1, 2015
• Bulls will be ultrasounded as part of the contest
• Taking nominations for Power Bull Claimer
• Take possession of a nominated bull for $8500.00
• Heifer nomination $100.00 fee
• Heifer Futurity open to Fullbloods and Moderators
• One breeder can enter two heifers but one must be Fullblood and the other Moderator
• For Heifers between 5 mos. and 15 mos.
• Prize money 90% of total entries
Buy a ticket for $10 – you judge all 3 contests (Power Bull Challenge, Fullblood Heifer Futurity and Moderator Heifer Futurity). Winner will get 50% of the total entries for the Judging Contest. Other 50% goes to Power Bull.
Rules and Entry Form coming soon.
Tentatively scheduled for Saturday September 12, 2015 in the AM
CAN-AM BULL CHALLENGE
The 1st Annual Can-Am Bull Challenge has come to a close! Make plans to put your bull in the Can-Am Bull Challenge next year. Bulls go to Treasure, Montana in October 2015 and stay until April 2016. See more info at www.TreasureBullTest.com.
View a Video of the Bulls here.
View Performance Results here
View Ultrasound Results here.
All bulls were semen tested, ultra sounded, BVD and Trich tested. They are ready for service.
Buy a bull with confidence – Proven bulls from proven breeders.
WESTERN STATES LOWLINE ASSOCIATION ADDS NEW STATES
WSLA has added Colorado, Wyoming and Utah to our states. Welcome to Lowline breeders! We look forward to meeting you, hearing your ideas and concerns and making our association work well for all involved.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Phrisky Farms – Robin Pittack and Rich Wilson, Phrisky Farms, Shelton, WA
Burk Livestock Company – Brent and Kirtrine Burk, Burk Livestock Company, Midvale, UT
Brian Walters, Walters Land & Cattle, Fort Lupton, CO
MONTANA STATE REPS
Rich and Susan Johnson of Ronan, MT have volunteered to be state Reps. Thank you Rich and Susan!
PARTY IN THE PEN
Party in the Pen was a huge success! Great food, great company and very well attended. David Shockey gave a talk on the importance of ultrasound data and understanding ultrasound results. Many “promo” folders were picked up. These were folders with WSLA’s logo on the front which had WSLA member promo materials inside. Many members took advantage of this opportunity to promote their breeding program.
Thank you to Muddy Creek Ranch and High Point Lowlines for sponsoring this event!